UWUA 1-2 Employee Assistance Program
UWUA, Local 1-2 remains committed to helping all employees and their family members recover from the disease of addiction. Local 1-2 and Con Edison established the Employee Assistance Program in 1947 to help employees struggling with Alcoholism and would later expand to include Narcotics. Our Local and Con Edison were pioneers, recognizing that Alcoholism and Addiction are a Medical Condition and not a moral decision, meanwhile the American Medical Association did not declare Alcoholism a disease until 1956.
The purpose of the program is to assist and support members and their families through
- Various treatment options,
- Meetings (virtual and in-person),
- Education, and
- Follow-up care
Since its inception, the Employee Assistance Program continues to help our members start living again and remains one of the best Chemical Substance Abuse programs in the country. Local 1-2 and Con Edison’s Employee Assistance Program offer many channels for assistance to those who struggle with addiction. Counselors are available to all employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you or someone you know is struggling, please call us, “Recovery is hard, but regret is harder” You got this!
- Employee Wellness Center: 212-780-7111 or EWC-ContactUs@coned.com
- CCA: Mental health concerns 1-800-833-8707 or Http://Myccaonline.com
- Manager: John Lyons, 646-772-3274 or Lyonsjohn@coned.com
- (Local 1-2) Coordinator/Counselor: Sara Buckley, 917-654-1079 or Buckleys@coned.com
- (Local 1-2) Counselor: Valerie Cervone, 516-419-0049 or Cervonev@coned.com
- (Local 1-2) Counselor: Raynaldo Ocasio, 347-971-1340 or Ocasior@coned.com
- New York State of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services: 800-833-8707
- Support meetings information – in person or via zoom call for information
- Alcohol Anonymous: 212-647-1680
- Al-anon: 888-425-2666 Family members
- Narcotics Anonymous: 212-929-NANA (6262)
- Nar-anon: 800-477-6291 Family members